About Me

My photo
Mormon. Husband, and Father. Graduate student pursuing a Master's in nutrition.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lantern Festival


Quite the memorial day! We were in the sun all day. We started at Pearl Harbor then transitioning to beach mode, at Ala Moana Beach Park, where we would await the lantern festival in what seemed like the most persistent sun I've ever met. I'm SHOCKED we aren't cooked. We may be one sunscreen bottle down, but we aren't hurting today. You'll see a time with some of the pictures. Watch the crowd grow into the thousands by the hour.

These little dips were vital to our beach comfort.
Sarah was saying here, "It's cooold!"

1:30 PM.
I thought this was busy for a beach. I quickly learned that this is nothing.

 2:10 PM



This was my effort to escape the sun when I noticed
we were running out of sunscreen.

5:20 PM.



Where's Sarah?

Of course, we found a dog. A Silky Terrier that Sarah loved.

6:30 PM.

7:05 PM.

I'm pretty good at taking pictures of sunsets...

7:15 PM.





This was a broadcasted event with a floating camera crew.

We saw one that read, in a child's writing, "To my first pet fish..." then went
on to say "sorry for not taking better care of you" or something
apologetic in nature.

To beat the crowd, Sarah was atop my shoulders for a few of these.

These next 2 pictures are JUST out of focus! I had to manually focus
in complete darkness and ended up being off.

You can still see all the lanterns though.
Amanda caught one of the airborne ones here!



7:40 PM

 Wading through the tide after the crowd dwindled.
Sarah, so hot.



OH! In pregnancy news: I felt the baby kick! It's the 1st time I've ever before felt that . I've always declined invitations from expecting moms; thought it weird. After feeling it I decided I wanted to try and watch for it. Even that was a success! Saw her belly randomly bump up in different places. She's 19 weeks (a week away from being half-way!) and the baby is now the size of a large tomato. It's thought that the baby can now hear. The arms and legs are in proportion to the rest of the body, and according to the baby center app., his brain is now "designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch." 

No comments:

Post a Comment