About Me

My photo
Mormon. Husband, and Father. Graduate student pursuing a Master's in nutrition.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Biology and Babies

It's Friday the 13th and the most haunting thing about this day already came and went. I had my Bio final at 7:00 AM, and unless I'm due for a miracle in the form of a D- (because that would be a miracle), it won't be the last Molecular Biology final I have to take.
I'm pretty down and out about it, but I'm hanging in there alright. I guess the biggest thing is that it's deserved. So it's a bit of shame I'm feeling. Undeserved hardships are tough to work though, but the deserved ones are the worst. Being able to recall all the ways it could have been avoided just kills.
Whatever the outcome, I do still have something worth celebrating.
Yesterday was quite the day. I got up at 7:45 to begin studying for the bio test. I basically studied through to 3:00 when I realized I needed to start figuring out how to meet Sarah and her grandma in Waikiki for dinner. Long story short: I missed a bus, caught the next one, rode 2 hours, walked a bit, made it by 6:00 for dinner. Dinner was awesome! Sarah, grandma, grandma's caretaker Rudy, Rudy's partner, Paul, Rudy's nephew, Eric, and Eric's girlfriend, Margarita. And our japanese waiter who ran everywhere he went and wouldn't let our waters drop below 2 inches from the top of the glass rim. Once dinner wrapped up and we were parting ways, Sarah, with the heaviest eyes I'd seen on her in a long time, offered to drive halfway so that I could study in the car. At one point she even said "Doesn't this remind you of high school and college driving home after late nights with friends?", to which I replied "...except now it's not even 10:00PM and we're worn out". Oh, marriage party hours. Once reaching our halfway point she pulled over and I drove while she laid in the passenger seat, asleep, with a towel for a blanket for the next 30 minutes.
I guess what I'm getting at is, despite my bio class, I feel successful; I feel I'm doing the things I should be in this life (with plenty of room to improve of course). My wife and I love each other and we've got a little bundle of joy, and poo, on the way.


                            Oh, here's our pregnancy test and the brief story: 

Sarah- "let's buy a test"
Me- "we don't need to, they're like 10 bucks, we'll eventually know if you're pregnant" 
Sarah- "c'mon, please???" 
Me- "how late are you?"
Sarah- "I don't know. A couple days?"
Me- "...a couple days? ...Really? That's it? [realized she was determined] Do what you gotta do" 
We bought it, she was right, we were in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment