About Me

My photo
Mormon. Husband, and Father. Graduate student pursuing a Master's in nutrition.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Blog Worked Today

Today: Wednesday, 4:30 PM, 78 degrees, partly cloudy, windy, 2nd to last day of the semester. I woke up around 7:45 and had 2 bowls of knock-off cocoa puffs for breakfast then headed to campus to study. I had my 3rd final today: Chemistry. It covered this semester and last semester and I'll probably find out this evening how I did. Only one more final to go until the semester is over and I, like every other student on the planet, am very ready for a break.
So, here's how the blog worked for me today. I got home from my final and thought to myself, "I'm done", and proceeded to watch an episode of New Girl. Then I remembered there is more I should be doing. My friend, Matt, has a blog dedicated to his wife and the idea is that each day he'll do something specifically for her to show his appreciation and love toward her (if she's the most important thing to him on this planet, he decided to start acting like it), then he'll blog about it. He had a "before and after" series of tidying up their place for her. So, I got off the bed and did the same! Thanks, Matt!


                                                 BEFORE
As I mentioned in a previous posting, we really do love to sleep with laundry, I wasn't kidding. We're often too lazy to put it away, and it's nice to have the lumps on the bed to manipulate for comfort. Though, we sometimes lose some items behind the bed or in the sheets, so it was thrown onto the floor. The sheet is also a recurring event. The dang corners just don't stay, so we'll sleep several nights with it all jumbled up and we now just see it as an extra blanket or cuddle item.
Welp, today I cleaned up...
                                                  AFTER
This place is what we refer to as our "box". When we're super stressed or grumpy we'll exclaim "I just need to get outta' this box!" Behind the refrigerator is a counter and sink with some cabinets and a tiny bathroom. Even with the small amount you can see beyond the fridge, the back wall is almost exposed; there really isn't much to this place, but it's home.


The point of all this is that there's always something we should be doing. The place needed cleaning, and today the idea of writing about it got me motivated enough to make it happen. Along with the fact that there is always something to be doing, I believe also a time for rest is unavoidable. Hope this helps someone get up and moving. I'm excited for Sarah to come home and have a clean place welcoming her! I love you, Sarah.


Now... off to study Biology. That guaranteed, unavoidable, time for rest is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment