About Me

My photo
Mormon. Husband, and Father. Graduate student pursuing a Master's in nutrition.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Where Are The Zimmermans Now?

This could be an uncomfortably long blog for both me the writer and you the reader... Here's the short version:

We're in Portland, OR.

We drove here from Houston, TX. and stayed at 3 different houses along the way.

We stopped in Lubbock, TX., Brighton, CO., Fort Collins, CO., Laramie, WY., Logan, UT. (with a day trip to Salt Lake City, UT.), and then onto Hillsboro, OR., where we awaited our move-in date in Portland.

Miles driven: over 2,000
Hours on the road: 40+
Money on gas: roughly $300
MPG: We just got a Kia Sorento and it scored us an average of 28 MPG, with Laramie, WY. to Logan, UT. being the most draining

Here's our new place:

That couch there is the product of many hours on the free portion of craigslist (also look up freecycle). If you aren't familiar with it, I recommend you begin getting familiar. So much to gain! That bike and I were apart for 4 years. I left it in Fort Collins when I went home from my mission, and on our way here we were finally reunited!

Sunday watermelon

In this image, you can clearly see what I'm calling, our "bagsket". Can you find it? Fun fact, that pineapple cutting board is 1 of 3 cutting boards that we have. I like cutting boards.

The bowls we bought when we needed something to put food in on our honeymoon have been reenlisted. No cupboard is complete without mustache cup; compliments de Sarah's madre.

Fruit, and rad storage tins (one has fruit rollups in it, mmmmm).

One day there will be a table here (and possibly a bar stretched across the threshold that Dash is about to run across), preferably built by my own hands, but we'll see what happens...

..bathroom

..again

We like blue and white stripes right now.

Probably my favorite part of the apartment is, not our washer and dryer, not our 3 cutting boards, not our free couch, not our back patio overlooking a garden and green upon green upon green, not our ceiling-hook-meant-for-hanging-plants-but-now-hangs-my-keys, but it is this, my...our...activities closet (we also store our winter gear here, since we need that now).

Walking out onto this deck is somewhat of a walk of faith, but the view is cool. There is said garden.

This was not posed. She's just always this really, really, ridiculously good looking.

That baby ain't got no pants on.

Sawyer's room. Next on the list is a... wait for it... RASE CAR BED!!

Some of his favorite toys, especially that red Porsche.

1 minute drive from church, 8 miles to the heart of the city (where my school is) with many options of bridges to cross to get there (over the Willamette River), 5 miles from the Portland Temple

Today in church we talked about what it means to be blessed, and then segued that into a lesson on Job. One thought came to me that you can either say "blessed" or "fortunate", and when you use fortunate it gives credit to chance, or happenstance. To say "blessed", to me, means to give credit to some form of deity. I feel very blessed. I know everything mentioned in this post, and much much more, was all provided to me by God, and to Him I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment