About Me

My photo
Mormon. Husband, and Father. Graduate student pursuing a Master's in nutrition.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Living The High Life As An Actor

I'm sitting on a balcony on the 6th floor of Turtle Bay on the end nearest the surf spot here, enjoying a setting sun and a swift breeze. There is music below, and myself, Sarah, and her mom are about to enjoy buffalo wings, chips and salsa, cheese, and fruit, all served literally on a silver platter.
I'm officially an actor. No these aren't the perks, these are completely unrelated events. But back to the actor thing, I've secretly always wanted to be one. I mean that. I have always wanted to act in films. I remember a Fruit The Looms commercial years ago of a black man dancing around in his living room in his tighty whiteys, I remember thinking it the funniest thing and telling my mom I wished it was me. Problem is, I never cared enough or was passionate enough to stay in theater (I thought the theater kids were weird), or go through agencies or anything, but thought it would be a sweet life to be an accomplished actor. But, I found another way, and his name is Shane Harder. View the recent video I got to be in with a few of our friends out here. Here's a shout out to my boy, Shane, and his photo company and now his new youtube channel.
Shane Harder's site is here, and his youtube channel is here.
Subscribe to his stuff, you can expect good things to come from it.
Watch, and enjoy.
 
A few other commercials I enjoy:
All of the Sonic commercials
The recent "Woo!" Little Caesars commercial
Oreo "Shut the front door!" commercial (they aren't cussing, but saying the safer alternatives)
Old Spice commercials, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Only $250 a day huh? What a steal of a deal!! I love your sad face at the end!! Daniel and I were cracking up.

    ps- Was that you who ate it on the skateboard?! If so, you may have a real career in being a stunt man!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "For a meager $250..." lol. Yeah I was the skateboard crash dummy. That was the 2nd crash. Shane forgot to press record on the first one, and it was a better crash that hurt a bit more.

      Delete